Task 1 - Woman Woman
For this task, contestants had to style at least one mens item.
I think this task was an awesome start to the cycle - unfortunately, we lost Indria to school commitments, but gained the awesome Maymiex in her place!
If you do not participate in a task, you are automatically eliminated - luckiky for those who did not participate, I am having major issues with my internet, which means we won't be having an elimination this week.
You can read the feedback from the judges below, along with the average scores.
Leigh makes a point in bold about wearing tress up when you are using the plaza - this is useful for ALL contestants, especially if you have a particularly neon wig and don't want to make an outfit around it. Remember, we're judging your outfit styling overall, so fancy facemasks and such are irrelevant.
Manzaniithaa - 8.4
LEIGH :
So, can I have the top of this? Because I really want this right now. As Lucy said the colours are really cool, and that turtleneck was a great choice. Those shoes and the tassel pants don’t look good to me, they look kinda country where the rest is all very, city chic.
LUCY:
This is just such a perfect start to the competition! I adore the colours she’s chosen, the layered coats and of course the men’s turtleneck. Usually, I hate tassel pants, but these look chic! The only thing I’m a little less fond of is the bag, but only because of how it sits under the jacket. Moved a little lower, it would have been perfect.
ANNIKA:
I love how her beauty look ties into this outfit! She clearly put a lot of work into it. The layering is fantastic, and those rocker booties are an incredible find. My only criticism is that the look is punk/rocker so her handbag is out of place.
XmackennaX - 8.25
LEIGH:
That bag is not good. It just messes up the rest of the look which is what I think I’d see in a music video but the bag just is more classic. I like the bold colours though, she was very brave to do it and made it look good.
LUCY :
This is super cute! I really like the colour she’s gone for here- they’re pastel yet the chunkyness overall makes it so much edgier. Even though it’s a really simple outfit, there’s a lot going on and she pulls it together really well. It might have been nice to have a jacket and maybe more yellow to tie in with the sweater.
ANNIKA:
I love the bright colors. Even though she is wearing a men's sweatshirt, the pastel colors manage to scream pretty. I love how the look is both edgy and sweet. My favorite outfit of them all!

LEIGH :
Not into the navy hat, or the gold bag but I like the rest! The purple hair is cute, the sweater is a good statement and the scarf does well with breaking it up a bit which is food. The contrast of the white shirt and black pants is classic so works to counteract the huge jacket.
LUCY:
As a last minute add-in, she’s already off to a great start! The top half is to die for - the mens sweater, white turtleneck and scarf just look great together, and the shoes add class. The accessories, on the other hand, don’t work - the hat does not look good over the bun hair, and the gold bag not only clashes, but is too formal for the rest of this look.
ANNIKA:
The bold print on her jacket is fantastic. Black and white is always a classy color scheme, but she manages to add some fun to it with the purple hair and cute scarf. I do not like the handbag or the hat, either, though.
LUCY:
I love that she’s taken a risk and used men’s pants! I like the big belt and oversized bags, and the plain printed Paris tee. The coat though clashes with the pants, being a different blue.
ANNIKA:
I love how she used men's pants! Although the colors are clashing, this look stands out. Dreamin used a large handbag which not only hides her ill-fitting foot, but also matches to the belt and top she is wearing. I wish she hadn't used the long purple cardigan. But the look is neat!
LEIGH:
I think this is a bit basic. She did take a risk using the jeans which I appreciate but they don’t quite do it for me, I think maybe a necklace or something could have helped. And yeah, the jacket clashes.
LUCY:
The colours and concept is cool, it’s very chic and tending with the red velvet and victorian blouse.I feel like the pants throw me off - I like the pattern and colours but the shape of them looks awkward and bulky compared to everything else.
ANNIKA:
The velvet jacket looks very classic. It reminds me of a 1700's mens outfit. However, I wish she hadn't used the white scarf, it disrupts the clean lines of the jacket. Since the pants below are bulky, it confuses the eye. I don't like the glasses either. Overall, there are too many details in these accessories.
Take off the hair, and this is pretty good. My advice - and this goes for all contestants, fyi- use tress up! They’re decent and easy to use and it’s great for when you don’t want to take your wig off, we’re not judging you for what you down or your design skill but how you style things. Speaking of, I actually like the pants! I don’t like the shoes, they look small and the brown doesn’t go with anything.
LUCY:
I love the colour combinations and layering on the lop half, it’s super quirky and she styles the mens jacket like a pro! However, those tights just should not be under pants, and the pants themselves don’t really match the vibe of the rest of the look - especially when combined with the beach scene in the background. I'm a little confused about the sheer top underneath, but overall, not a bad start.
ANNIKA:
I feel like this outfit could have been really sweet and girly, but she chose to wear fishnet tights and this ugly black jacket. Her handbag would have matched the look even without those items, and it's my favorite. She shouldn't have worn the choker either. But gold is my favorite color!
ANNIKA:
Of all the outfits, this one is the easiest to wear myself! Elysse's colors are matching, the style is the same all over. My only comment on this look is that we are trying to wear high fashion here. This looks like something I would wear in high. I wish she would have though of some way to layer her outfit. The handbag, however, does give a little bit of unique to an otherwise typical look.
LUCY:
I love the monochrome, mens items, and the jeans - this pulls together as a really relaxed, tomboy outfit. For once, I'm really into that beanie! Usually, I hate stardoll's hats, but the colour really works and it sits well over her wig. I'm less happy with the strange choice in furry bag, I think if she wanted to make a statement, a colour or print would have been better.
That bag is not good. It just messes up the rest of the look which is what I think I’d see in a music video but the bag just is more classic. I like the bold colours though, she was very brave to do it and made it look good.
LUCY :
This is super cute! I really like the colour she’s gone for here- they’re pastel yet the chunkyness overall makes it so much edgier. Even though it’s a really simple outfit, there’s a lot going on and she pulls it together really well. It might have been nice to have a jacket and maybe more yellow to tie in with the sweater.
ANNIKA:
I love the bright colors. Even though she is wearing a men's sweatshirt, the pastel colors manage to scream pretty. I love how the look is both edgy and sweet. My favorite outfit of them all!
Maymiex - 8
LEIGH :
Not into the navy hat, or the gold bag but I like the rest! The purple hair is cute, the sweater is a good statement and the scarf does well with breaking it up a bit which is food. The contrast of the white shirt and black pants is classic so works to counteract the huge jacket.
LUCY:
As a last minute add-in, she’s already off to a great start! The top half is to die for - the mens sweater, white turtleneck and scarf just look great together, and the shoes add class. The accessories, on the other hand, don’t work - the hat does not look good over the bun hair, and the gold bag not only clashes, but is too formal for the rest of this look.
ANNIKA:
The bold print on her jacket is fantastic. Black and white is always a classy color scheme, but she manages to add some fun to it with the purple hair and cute scarf. I do not like the handbag or the hat, either, though.
Dreamin2believe - 6.67
LUCY:
I love that she’s taken a risk and used men’s pants! I like the big belt and oversized bags, and the plain printed Paris tee. The coat though clashes with the pants, being a different blue.
ANNIKA:
I love how she used men's pants! Although the colors are clashing, this look stands out. Dreamin used a large handbag which not only hides her ill-fitting foot, but also matches to the belt and top she is wearing. I wish she hadn't used the long purple cardigan. But the look is neat!
LEIGH:
ORPUL_IS_ME9 - 7
LUCY:
The colours and concept is cool, it’s very chic and tending with the red velvet and victorian blouse.I feel like the pants throw me off - I like the pattern and colours but the shape of them looks awkward and bulky compared to everything else.
ANNIKA:
The velvet jacket looks very classic. It reminds me of a 1700's mens outfit. However, I wish she hadn't used the white scarf, it disrupts the clean lines of the jacket. Since the pants below are bulky, it confuses the eye. I don't like the glasses either. Overall, there are too many details in these accessories.
LEIGH:
kelzsprouse_1 - 7.4
LUCY:
I love the colour combinations and layering on the lop half, it’s super quirky and she styles the mens jacket like a pro! However, those tights just should not be under pants, and the pants themselves don’t really match the vibe of the rest of the look - especially when combined with the beach scene in the background. I'm a little confused about the sheer top underneath, but overall, not a bad start.
ANNIKA:
I feel like this outfit could have been really sweet and girly, but she chose to wear fishnet tights and this ugly black jacket. Her handbag would have matched the look even without those items, and it's my favorite. She shouldn't have worn the choker either. But gold is my favorite color!
LEIGH:
Mmh, not sure where to start. I have to agree with Lucy, the background is a bit confusing, but past that I think the bag is what really throws me off, and the tights They look like they belong with a totally different outfit. I'm into the pants, they go with the casual print tee and the jacket, but I’d ditch the sheer top because it looks a bit weird with the loose sleeves poking from under the jacket which is short sleeved.
elyssedeloro - 7.4
ANNIKA:
Of all the outfits, this one is the easiest to wear myself! Elysse's colors are matching, the style is the same all over. My only comment on this look is that we are trying to wear high fashion here. This looks like something I would wear in high. I wish she would have though of some way to layer her outfit. The handbag, however, does give a little bit of unique to an otherwise typical look.
I love the monochrome, mens items, and the jeans - this pulls together as a really relaxed, tomboy outfit. For once, I'm really into that beanie! Usually, I hate stardoll's hats, but the colour really works and it sits well over her wig. I'm less happy with the strange choice in furry bag, I think if she wanted to make a statement, a colour or print would have been better.
- LEIGH:This looks really bulky and oddly proportioned, I think that a shorter top or a higher waist might have helped that some. I like the jacket, and the beanie, the more of a casual vibe about it. The bag is weird, as are the pants but I think it's more they're not my style than anything being really wrong with them, and I do like that they're almost a blue grey on the more dark greys.
0 comments:
Post a Comment