If you didn't already know, I've opened up my own club!
The club, which is called The_Dolls_House, is a fashion cycle. The weekly themes are based entirely around real-world runways and trends in general, starting this week with menswear - on women!
The judges - Leighways, Wi.Bi, AnnikaCharmer and myself - each submitted their own take on the trend to get our contestants inspired, which you can check out HERE.
EDIT - I just realized Annika's look is not in the imgur album. My mistake, sorry.
EDIT - I just realized Annika's look is not in the imgur album. My mistake, sorry.
I've decided that - up until the semi-finals - I will be posting my stylings of each weeks theme after I've posted the results. I will continue to provide an example prior to the task, but I think it will be a fun challenge to myself to create at least a handful of my own versions, so to better judge them later on. It gives me an idea of what's the hardest part of each challenge, like with this one, where I found it was a choice of using awkward fitting shirts or posed pants. Personally, I ended up sticking to the shirts as they were easier to layer and hide the issues with.
1 - Famous T Shirt Fallen Angel
With this look, I stuck with an edgy-but-feminine vibe. I'll admit it - I've become more than a little bit attached to the poofy sleeves of the Balmain Inspired Corset Blouse from the Balmain tribute. The main issue I find with mens' shirts on girl dolls is the sleeve shape doesn't match up with the arms properly, so why not make a statement out of it?
2 - Bill T-Shirt Fallen Angel
Definitely aimed for a much more masculine, my-boyfriends-t-shirt look here.The shape of the shirt was ridiculous - it didn't fit my doll, at all, a fact I decided to cover up using the Antidote Off The Shoulder Coat. The coat, earrings and jacket are all oversized, so I decided to even it out with stilettos and skinny jeans.
3 - Shell Basic Boy Tank Basics
I'd layered the bandeau and lace tank for a previous outfit, and when I spotted the boys' tank I knew just what to do! The main body of the outfit is casual, laid back and relaxed - like a boy - but I added the gold, chunky accessories for a bit of added class.



0 comments:
Post a Comment