November 19, 2017

Super ridiculously late, seeing as I was busy with my sister's Graduation, and then moving house, and getting a new job.... but it's here nonetheless! This time, I did not divide it by pros and cons, because, well, there weren't and awful lot of pros.

It doesn't take much scrolling on the blog to realize - well, I don't exactly wear pink. So I can't exactly comment on the colour selection. 

What I can comment on, however, is the repetitive nature of this - and other recently released - collections. It strikes me as incredibly lazy to change the colour - not even to add a print or texture to even try and make them look like new pieces.

They're not "overpriced", I will give them that, but there's also nothing cheap here. Prices have gone up so much recently, that I almost forgot paying 270sc for a skirt should be horrifying.

And then - oh, no - those jackets. So disappointing they are! Not only are they incredibly flat, with minimal texture and shading - there's no back pieces! For a moment there, I thought stardoll had actually caught on to what had been one of man member's biggest gripes - the lack of removable back pieces on coats. But it seems, that issue has risen once again!

Even my favourite item - styled below - just isn't quite up to scratch. The stitching details are super cute, and the fluffy neckline, but the overall garment is just a bit too plastic looking, and the shading is all kinds of weird. How come the neckline is so cute, and the sleeves so "blegh"?

The only truly unique piece of this collection is the Lilac Embroidered Blouse, which I rather adore, despite looking a bit more "plastic" than "fabric". The details, at least, look lovely, and the colours are very nice for both a girly-girl and someone more like, well, myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Lucy Marshymallow / Sunnysidessue . Powered by Blogger.