I bought this way back in my broke non-ss days. Though I'm still broke, and even then I knew better than to use this monstrosity. But today, I'm tackling it.
The Shirt:
Pros
- Bold, statement item
- Has a built-in belt
- Colorful
Cons:
- Loose + Peplums = Instantly looking chubby
- Too wide to layer over
- Bright, hard to match colours
- Horizontal striped
- Super weird round neckline
Outfit 1:
Back in the days when we all thought peplums were cool, I wore the hell out of mine in pretty much this exact way. Skinny black pants, basic shoes and the big bold top on display. It still doesn't look too bad. I'd just rather not.
Outfit 2:
After the last look, I wanted to cover up the shape as much as I could. The pink and green were difficult to match with anything, but the strap on the crossbody matched pretty well.
Outfit 3:
Again, I wanted to cover up the shape, but this time I wanted to show as much of the top as possible. I actually liked it this way, in spite of myself. It's just so in-your-face that I didn't need to do much else with the items around it.
Outfit 4:
At this point, I just wanted to be done with this shirt. So I layered it up until I could only just see it. Honestly, this took far too much time to make when I look at the outcome.
In Conclusion:
No matter how broke you are, your closet does not deserve this monstrosity. It really doesn't.

0 comments:
Post a Comment