The Gift:
Look Familiar?
Usually, I don't outright rate freebies until their campaign season is long over. But in this case... I had to.
In all honesty, the truly worst part about it is the fact that it's a recoloured item. I know it might look free, but technically, I paid real money for this. I know, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, it could have been worse, or nothing, or whatever. But this is just lazy on Stardoll's part, especially when targeted towards ROYALTIES, the ones who have paid the most money over a good stretch of time.
Though, I actually wouldn't buy the original for Twenty One Stardollars anyway, because it's just ridiculously expensive.
I'll do this like I did the March Madness Gift, an try focus on the item as-is, and ignore it's predecessor.
The Item:
My initial thoughts were -
PROS:
- Laser cut is an old trend
- Not much shading going on
The Styling:
The worst problem I had was with the waist placement. For many items, it was too high, leaving quite a bit of the "underwear" area exposed, which just looked awkward. But for other items, the waist was too low, and the bagginess of the top would poke out the sides. Not flattering, not cute, not what I wanted at all. But when it did work, the layers ended up looking very nice.
Unlike with a dress, there was nothing to work with on the bottom half, so I didn't bother trying to make shorts or a bikini out of it. This isn't a bad thing, just something to note.
The colour was super cute, but as purples often do, there were no other items in the same shade. Which was very frustrating.
I think I will use this item again, because despite it's flaws it's still a really nice texture, and a lot of the layering issues weren't too hard to fix - by sticking another thing over the top of it. My styling life moto, if there ever was one.



0 comments:
Post a Comment